RCHSS Faculty and Staff Awards:
In recognition of the outstanding work of our faculty and staff, the Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences presents one award annually in each of the following categories. All department-level faculty award nominees will be nominated by the Dean for the matching university-level awards. The RCHSS Faculty Awards Committee will evaluate all the department-level nominations to select the college award recipients. The Staff Award Committee will evaluate all the nominations for the staff and student assistant awards.
RCHSS Faculty Awards:
- RCHSS Distinguished Professor Award
- RCHSS Outstanding Teaching Award
- RCHSS Online Teaching Award
- RCHSS Part-time Teaching Award
- RCHSS Research and Creative Activity Award
- RCHSS Outstanding Professional Service and Community Engagement Award
- RCHSS Outstanding Early Career Award
- RCHSS Diversity and Inclusion Award
- RCHSS Distinguished International Achievement Award
RCHSS Faculty Award Eligibility:
The nomination pool for each award will be comprised of the faculty members who were chosen that year as the department-level nominee for the award. Self-nominations and/or peer nominations are encouraged at the department level. Only one nominee per department is permitted for consideration for the college-level award in a given year. College award winners are eligible to reapply once every five years. RCHSS Awards Committee members are not eligible for consideration during their active terms of service.
- RCHSS Distinguished Professor Award and RCHSS Outstanding Early Career Award: A plaque, $1,000 in travel funds, and a one-course workload adjustment to be taken the following fall or spring as determined by the awardee in consultation with his/her department chair(s).
- RCHSS Outstanding Teaching Award, RCHSS Outstanding Online Teaching Award, RCHSS Outstanding Research and Creative Activity Award, RCHSS Outstanding Professional Service and Community Engagement Award, RCHSS Diversity and Inclusion Award, and RCHSS Distinguished International Achievement Award: A plaque and a one-course workload adjustment to be taken the following fall or spring as determined by the awardee in consultation with his/her department chair(s).
- RCHSS Part-time Outstanding Teaching Award: A plaque and $500 to apply toward teaching related activities, including professional development.
Applicants should follow the nomination packet guidelines provided by the university for each award (follow the links provided above).
Submission Procedures and Application Deadline:
Candidates' nomination packets are due to their Department Awards Committee by 5pm on January 15th.