CETL Grant Opportunities
The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning (CETL) provides awards and funding for faculty throughout the year on a competitive basis. Deadlines are throughout the year so be sure to check the specific opportunity for when they are due. You will need to log in with your Net ID to view the applications and apply. The opportunities include:
To view upcoming and past funding opportunities, part-time faculty scholarships, teaching conference travel funds program and other scholarships as well as previous funding opportunities, please follow the links below. The following opportunities might be closed now, but please review the timelines to have an approximate idea when they might be open again.
- Teaching Conference Travel Funds Program provide funding for faculty to deliver presentations or actively participate in conferences specifically related to teaching and student learning as it occurs in a higher education setting. Deadelines are September 3, 2019 for travel between September 16, 2019 and February 29, 2020, March 3, 2020 for travel between February 18, 2020 and June 10, 2020 and April 6, 2020 for travel between June 11, 2020 and September 30, 2020.
- Online SoTL Scholars Course is a year-long professional development initiative to support faculty as they complete a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) project from initial concept to publication. Application deadline is April 13, 2020.
- Faculty Learning Communities program brings together small groups of faculty (no fewer than 5 and no more than 7) interested in focusing on investigating a particular teaching and learning issue for a full academic year. Application deadline is April 13, 2020.
- Institute for Course (re)Design is for full-time faculty who want to transform their courses by either designing a new course or redesigning an existing course. Past application deadlines were in March.
- Teaching Academy for Part-Time Faculty is a two-day program for part-time instructors to energize their teaching and to apply theories and research to their own courses. Past application deadlines were in February.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) Institute is for faculty who are interested in obtaining professional development funding and consulting to support their work in the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL). Past application deadlines were in February.
- Quick Starters Faculty Learning Community who are new to the KSU community or who have recently changed positions at KSU (e.g.
changed from part-time to full-time or from non-tenure track to tenure-track). It
is open to full time faculty who are not limited term. Past application deadlines
were in early September.
USG Teaching AwardsTo learn about KSU faculty and staff awards as well as USG (University System of Georgia) awards, please visit the Faculty Development and Recognition site. Past application deadlines were in February.