The Office of Digital Education has equipment available for long-term checkout to RCHSS faculty and staff. These include laptops (Dell, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air), webcams and headsets, computer accessories (mice and keyboards), dongles, and cables. Priority is given to online and hybrid faculty.
To request a device, send an email to Tammy Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to start the process.
After you have made a technology request, there are a few things that have to happen before your new technology lands on your desk.
- You must be approved. Approval should come through your department chair. If you are a part-time faculty member, your chair also needs to accept responsibility for the device. Your chair can email Tammy with approval.
- We need to know what kind of device you want (PC or Mac). You can include this information in your email to Tammy.
- If you are a part-time faculty member, we need your KSU ID number. You can include this information in your email to Tammy.
- You must turn in any equipment from RCHSS ODE that you currently have that is of the same type that you are requesting. The technology inventory will be scanned to see what equipment you have. If you already have a laptop, or multiple laptops, for example, and you have been approved for a new one, you will need to have to relinquish your old machine before you get your new one.
- You will get an email request to pick up your old equipment so that the UITS team can transfer your data to your new equipment. Then your new equipment will be delivered. This process can take between 1-2 weeks depending on volume of requests.
We also offer short-term loaners of laptops as well as other smaller technology devices (stylus, podcast recorder, etc) for faculty and staff. Please send your request to Tammy (email@example.com).