Welcome to Module 4!
Objectives for Module 4
In this module we will share a number of applications and resources you can use to engage with students in a virtual learning enviroment. Upon completion of module 4, you will be able to:
- Explain applications of wikis in online courses.
- Create and use a wiki in PBWorks.
- Explain applications of blogs in online courses.
- Create, invite users, and post to blogs using Blogger.
- Explain applications of polls in online courses.
- Create and use polls with Poll Maker.
- Develop an online course to KSU quality standards.
- Apply the KSU Course Quality Checklist to your course.
- Develop a basic understanding of how to set up Collaborate Ultra sessions in D2L
Activities for Module 4
AssignmentTypeWhat do I do with it?
SoftChalkCheck out this material to learn about some of the really cool apps and tools available to enhance any learning experience.
KSU Course Quality Checklist
Access the KSU Course Quality Checklist and fill it out for your course.
For anything that is not currently met, be sure to include notes about how you plan to meet it (or why you aren't meeting it).
When you submit the form, you will receive an email with the results of your review. Save that email and upload it to your folder as a PDF. Here's a video to assist you in following these directions.
Microsoft Teams is a real-time video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact.
Teams can be used in your browser or by downloading software.
Learn more on the Recording and Livestreaming tutorials page.
Congratulations! You have completed the "New to KSU" workshop. Remember to send your assignments and certificates in a zip file to Tammy (email@example.com) to be issued an official certificate from the RCHSS ODE to show you have completed the "Build a Web Course Workshop."
Again, welcome to KSU and let us know how we can help you in the future.
Want a checklist to keep up with your activites?
You're finished! It's time to email your folder to Tammy!
Return to the New to KSU workshop homepage!