About Our Workshops
The ODE offers several types of synchronous and asynchronous trainings. We conduct synchronous trainings on a monthly rotation and as needed. Some trainings we conduct are
- Painless Accessibility: Learn about digital/online accessibility, why it's important for your class, and how to start the process of converting inaccessible materials into accessible ones with Stephen Bartlett and Lesley Gabel.
- Teaching with Teams: In the age of technology, you may find yourself using it to communicate with your students! Stephen Bartlett will cover the best uses for Microsoft Teams in synchronous courses in this training.
- Engage with Stephen and Tammy!: Interested in adding a bit pizzazz to your course? Stephen Bartlett and Tammy Powell can point you in the right direction! This training includes discussions on different engagement tactics to enhance your teaching, no matter the modality!
- Flipgrid Training: Interested in adopting video discussion boards? Patrick Carter will walk you through the pros and cons of using the Flipgrid platform to do so and will offer some advice on ways to implement video discussions!
- Getting into the Nitty Gritty of Gradebook: Need some assistance with your gradebook? Patrick Carter is here to help! Patrick teaches two sections of this training--one on grading with a points system and one on grading with a weighted system. Attend whichever one fits your style!
- Creating Quizzes in D2L: Learn to set up quizzes with Lesley Gabel! She'll walk you through the process of creating basic quizzes and using more advanced features (like the question library and question pools).
- Build a Web Course Bootcamp and Workshop: Do you need to be certified to build online courses? Check out this four-week, award-winning workshop! Spend the day with the ODE learning about research-based best practices. After the bootcamp, you'll work across four weeks to develop the first half of your own course. At the end the end of the workshop, you'll have four modules of content, a certificate to develop online courses, and a certified course.
Additionally, the ODE is always happy to help faculty in one-on-one consultations. Please reach out to the ODE anytime with questions or other needs.
We also offer department and program specific brownbag workshops on a variety of topics. In the past, we have conducted one-session workshops on:
- Course affordability and open educational resources (OERs)
- D2L Orientation
- Microsoft Teams
If you are interested in scheduling a brownbag workshop, please let us know by reaching out to email@example.com.Sign up for Trainings!
Not sure where to start? Check out our Self-Paced Trainings for short, asynchronous trainings you can complete on your own time.
Need to be certified? Check out the Course Review Professional Development page to determine which trainings you need. Then, sign up for the trainings you need.
Don't see a time you can make a training? Email Tammy to see about scheduling for a different time.