Ready to take the next step and apply? We look forward to working with you during the application process.
Admission requirements for the MPA Program
MPA Program admission requires:
- Undergraduate Degree - A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with at least 2.75 grade point average;
- Graduate Application - Submission of an application to the Office of Graduate Admissions and a non-refundable application fee; International students must also provide satisfactory TOEFL or IETLS scores;
- Statement of Purpose - Submit a statement of purpose essay of approximately 1,000 words addressing the following question: "In what way do you expect the Master of Public Administration degree to affect or enhance your career goals and aspirations?
- Résumé - A current résumé;
- Recommendations - Two letters of recommendation from faculty or work supervisors with direct knowledge of the applicant that address the applicant's potential for graduate study and use of an MPA degree.
Students are admitted to the program based upon an overall review of all credentials that indicates potential success in graduate work and in professional public service.
Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be received by 11:59 pm eastern standard time of the posted deadline.Apply Now
Standard KSU graduate tuition rates apply. Full or part-time enrollment available. Tuition is based on credit hours taken.
Up to nine semester hours of graduate work from other accredited institutions may be transferred. To be transferred, course work from other institutions must correspond to Kennesaw State University’s MPA curriculum. Students will need to provide course descriptions and syllabi wherever possible, and the amount of credit granted will be at the discretion of the program director. Such course work may be no more than five years old.