KSU Graduate Assistantships
The PhD in International Conflict Management offers a limited number of competitive assistantships each year. Students offered an assistantship are funded in the amount of $20,000 per year. Program funding consists of Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs) and Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs) to support the research and teaching responsibilities of the university with specific focus on supporting the research and teaching activities of the INCM program faculty and contributing departments. Provided satisfactory academic and RTA performance, and depending on the annual program budget, the PhD in International Conflict Management program typically provides funding for the duration of one academic year, renewable for a maximum of three years.
PhD in International Conflict Management Research or Teaching Assistantship
If provided, KSU graduate assistantships cover both in-state and out-of-state tuition, however, student fees will still remain the responsibility of the student. KSU graduate assistantships also provide a stipend. Click here to view program assistantship guidelines.
To be eligible for an INCM Research or Teaching Assistantship, a student must:
For First-Year Students:
- Be accepted into the PhD in International Conflict Management program and receive a recommendation by the INCM Program Admissions Committee to be considered for funding.
For Second- and Third-Year Students:
- Successfully complete the first year of study.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Receive a recommendation for new or continued funding from the PhD in International Conflict Management Progress and Funding Committee between the first and second year of study.
- If applicable, receive positive performance evaluations from the supervisor(s) of previous GRA assignments.
Funding Beyond the Third Year:
- In exceptional circumstances and when additional PhD in International Conflict Management program funding is available, students may be eligible to compete for additional semesters of funding. This is much more common regarding summer assistantships.
Decisions on continued funding and types of assistantships are made on a competitive basis based on a comparative evaluation of students’ performance both academically and in completing their assigned GRA duties.
External Funding from Outside KSU
Competing for external funding is part of the professional development of doctoral candidates. Receiving a competitive external fellowship is an honor that stays with students throughout their career and can improve their professional prospects. Therefore, all PhD students are strongly encouraged to seek external financial support in the form of dissertation fellowships and grants to cover the dissertation related expenses. Any successfully acquired external funding will extend, not replace, the financial assistance received from the PhD program, as long as the student meets all other requirements for program funding.
- Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship
- The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation
- International Peace Research Association Foundation
- Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy
- P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- USIP Peace Scholar Program
- Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC)
- Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowships
- American Association of University Women Dissertation Fellowships
- School for Advanced Research
- Social Science Research Council (multiple opportunities)
- Institute for Humane Studies (multiple opportunities
- Smith Richardson Foundation Fellowship
- Ford Foundation Dissertation Fellowship
- Koch Foundation U.S. Foreign Policy Dissertation Grants
- Newcombe Foundation Dissertation Fellowships
- Institute for Citizens and Scholars Womens' Studies Dissertation Fellowships
- Russell Sage Foundation Research Grants
- SHAFR Dissertation Research Followships and Grants
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid - https://financialaid.kennesaw.edu/
Tuition and Fees
View tuition and fees by semester - https://fiscalservices.kennesaw.edu/bursar/tuition-fees/tuition-fees.php