General Resources

Student Information

To declare your major as Sociology or Criminal Justice, logon to your Owl Express account, go to the Student Records tab and choose "Declare or Change/Major/Minor". Requests are processed every Friday unless we are between semesters when the Registrar locks the system and student records cannot be changed.


All of our Advising is handled through the RCHSS Undergraduate Advising Center.

For Criminal Justice students, please make an appointment with:

  • Carley Cole (last name A-L) or
  • Matthew Waller (last name M-Z).

For Sociology students, please make an appointment with Jessica Stehlin.

All appointments are made using Navigate.  Students can log in to the site using their KSU NetID and password.

Grade Appeals

Once you have fully read and understand the University's Grade Appeals policy, please email to request a formal grade appeal form and important information about your grade appeal processing.

Closed Classes

Sociology & Criminal Justice uses the waitlist option through the registration system. Please monitor the system closely to put yourself on the waitlist for any closed class. Closed class override requests received well before drop/add will be considered if they meet department criteria which is: graduating senior who needs a final class to graduate, must have active petition to graduate AND be currently waitlisted for the course. Closed class overrides are decided before drop/add and processed the week of drop/add.  All registration issues will be resolved the week of drop/add for graduating seniors. For closed, prerequisite and repeat count overrides please email: and include your KSU ID and a brief reason why you need the override.