Welcome to the Interdisciplinary Studies Department (ISD) at Kennesaw State University. With its focus on diversity, social justice, and community engagement, and a structure that encompasses eleven different interdisciplinary programs, ISD is a unique department. We teach courses that bring together insights from many disciplines, and we encourage research and engagement projects aimed at solving real world problems, from the local to the global level. ISD is a forward looking department that seeks to prepare students for the challenges of the 21st century, challenges that require understanding the interconnectedness of people and ideas. Come and explore with us!
ISD In the News
- Paul Wiser, 81-year old Interdisciplinary Studies graduate, plans to use degree to continue his work to end veteran homelessness.
- New MAST graduate Breighlynn Polk creates powerful exhibit, "The Second Side" a historical retelling of African American History in Iberia Parish
- The 2023 Symposium on ASIA-USA Partnership Opportunities (SAUPO) was successfully held by Dr. May Gao
- MAST Student Isaiah Rogers Wins NCAA Championship in Weight Throw
- Dr. Xuefei Ma awarded the Henry Luce Foundation/ACLS Program in China Studies Early Career Fellowship for her project "Stop Sexual Violence!: Popular Culture and Female Bonding in China's Pandemic Era"
- Faculty member, Lauren Thompson, published in The Conversation
- Sara Giordano, Ph.D., Awarded NSF Grant to Study Biology Education And Develop Interdisciplinary Teaching Tool
- Kennesaw State professors receive $1M grant to prepare students for behavioral health careers
- Virtual leadership exchange program provides students in Kennesaw and Casablanca with valuable global learning