Thought Provoking Podcast: Sustainable Peacebuilding
KENNESAW, Ga. (Mar 16, 2021) — How can peacebuilding efforts transform from quick-fix, one-size-fits-all solutions to a blueprint for sustainable peace? We find out on this episode as host Shelly Kiser, Communications Manager, speaks with Volker Franke, Ph.D., Professor of Conflict Management.
This month, we learn:
- Why peacebuilding needs to be a long-term, not short-term commitment
- What traditional peacebuilding is and how it has failed
- How a sustainable model for peacebuilding is different from traditional peacebuilding
- What the Iraq elections, conflict in Afghanistan and Liberian disarmament can teach us about what works and what doesn’t in peacebuilding
- The types of students who enter the Ph.D. in International Conflict Management program at KSU and what topics they choose to study
- How Franke is working in Afghanistan to build sustainable peace
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. You can also read more about Dr. Franke's discussion on sustainable peacebuilding by clicking here.