English Education Undergraduate Advising

General Undergraduate Advising Information

Applying to the Teacher Education Program

English Ed Advising Information

Yearlong Clinical Experience (YCE) 1 and 2

The yearlong clinical experience takes place during your senior year with the following standard sequence of coursework:

Fall Semester:
ENED 4414: Teaching ELA I (3 hrs)
ENED 4650: Yearlong Clinical Experience I (6 hrs)
INED 3305: Students with Exceptionalities I (2 hrs)
INED 4435: Teaching English Learners I (1 hr)

Spring Semester:
ENED 4416: Teaching ELA II (3 hrs)
ENED 4660: Yearlong Clinical Experience II (6 hrs)
INED 3306: Students with Exceptionalities II (1 hr)
INED 4436: Teaching English Language Learners II (2 hrs)

KSU Field Experiences Handbook

KSU Field Experiences Handbook (on CEPP website)

Student Evaluation Forms for Collaborating Teachers

All field experience forms for Supervisors, CTs, and students are administered through Chalk & Wire.


Eligibility for YCE

To be eligible for YCE, you must have:

  • been admitted to Teacher education (see above)
  • preservice certification
  • at least a 2.75 GPA
  • completed all other pre-YCE-year coursework


Applying for YCE

  1. Complete the YCE online application. Please print a copy of your confirmation email and submit it to Ms. Rhonda Nemeth in the English dept office, EB 155. Deadline: Jan. 29.
  2. Complete the CEPP YCE Field Placement Request. Deadline: Feb. 5 (available Jan 15)

See the CEPP page for more information about clinical Experience Placements.


Petitioning to Graduate: You must petition to graduate during the semester before your graduation semester; this link provides more information.