Welcome to the Department of Geography and Anthropology. Our Department offers a diverse range of programs including degrees in Anthropology, Geography, and Geospatial Sciences, minors in Anthropology, Environmental Studies and Geography, and certificates in Geographic Information Sciences and Land Surveying (Stand-Alone and embedded). Our faculty conduct research on space and culture in our community and around the globe. They are passionate about sharing their research with undergraduates and invite students to join their projects as junior researchers. Through independent studies, internships, community-projects, study abroad, and student-led clubs, undergraduates in our programs acquire relevant skills and graduate to jobs that they love. They also gain an understanding of the complexity of our physical and cultural worlds today.
Stay in Touch
Recent Department News
- Meet our Sophomore Scholars Program Winner! Keely Gerety
- Students and Faculty Study Human and Urban Geography in Italy and France
- Daniel Branham has been elected to serve as a Director of the Surveying and Mapping Society of Georgia
- Brandon D. Lundy, Ph. D., Named Chair for Radow College's Department of Geography and Anthropology
Geography and Anthropology in Local Media
- Students Get Real Life Forensics Training on 'Pig Body Farm' at Kennesaw State University
- Georgia’s 200-Year-Old Border Blunder Resurfaces During Droughts
Upcoming Events+More Events
New Faculty - Dr. Mostafa Arastounia
Dr. Mostafa Arastounia is a new Assistant Professor of Geospatial Sciences. He has received his PhD in Geomatics Engineering from University of Calgary (Canada) and completed his MSc in the same field from University of Twente (Netherlands). He has worked in industry as a survey lead, interim survey manager, and project manager in Canada. He currently teaches land surveying courses, and his research is primarily focused on automated processing of point clouds obtained from laser scanners and unmanned vehicles.
He has nine peer-reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings in this field and has served as a guest editor, topic editor, reviewers board member, and reviewer of seven ISI journals.